Opera Orlando is currently seeking to fill the position of Director of Development. This immediate hire and full-time position will spearhead the development efforts for our rapidly growing company! To apply, please submit your cover letter, resume, references, and salary requirements to - email@example.com; subject: Director of Development
Position Objective :
Reporting to Executive Director, the Director of Development will spearhead development and constituent support (agencies, organizations, partners, funding sources, and citizens) efforts as Opera Orlando continues to grow. A new and key position in the organization, the Director of Development must identify and secure constituency support and build strong partnership relationships to build an effective business development function. This is an exempt position.
- Bachelors degree required, preferably in non-profit management or business administration
- Five or more years of experience in fund development for a nonprofit organization.
- Prefer a candidate with knowledge of community resources and relationship within the Central Florida region.
- Documented history of successful fundraising and Board development. Experience in managing and tracking multiple prospects and donors.
- Knowledge of current trends in charitable giving, particularly in the areas of major gifts, capital campaigns, and planned giving.
- Ability to conceptualize the agency philosophy and to communicate the concept to others with passion and with desired results. Ability to motivate and inspire others to believe in the organization's mission.
- Excellent written and verbal skills and the ability to facilitate large and small group presentations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, Google Drive, Google Docs, and knowledge of constituent relationship management databases.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills and the ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Ability to travel within Central Florida geographic area and attend functions with flexible hours.
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record and consistent access to a motor vehicle with appropriate insurance required.
- Will have to pass a Level 2 background check.
- Develop and implement an annual development plan that utilizes evidenced-based strategies for the cultivation, acquisition, and stewardship of individual, foundation, corporate and civic and faith prospects and donors.
- Meet with individual donors, corporations, foundations, and community leaders, to share Opera Orlando's message and articulate the need for funding support. Actively represent the organization at speaking engagements, attendance at community events and membership in appropriate organizations
- Major Gift/Donor- Produce major donor, board and special category solicitations/support materials with the intent to retain donors. Cultivates donors by producing specialized correspondences, preparing letters of acknowledgment, scheduling and attending in-person visits. Successfully meet an annual fundraising goal set on a yearly basis and consistent for achieving programmatic outcome measures.
- Develop and implement comprehensive marketing and public relations strategy such as social media, newsletters, etc.
- Maintains files and records on prospects/donors on approved donor software.
- Overseeing organization of special events.
- Managing and cultivating fundraising volunteers.
- In cooperation with Executive Director, foster relationship with foundations and other grantors, and help strategize grant proposals.
- Develop and maintain grant management systems and related policies and procedures. Research grant prospects, writing and proposal development.