SUMMER OPERA INSTITUTE
June 15-24, 2018
An intensive 10-day program for high school age and up singers who are pursuing a music education or performance career. The program includes voice lessons, master classes, private coaching, diction study, acting and movement classes, and a final concert on Sunday, June 24.
Students will participate in
- Voice lessons
- Stage movement and improvisation classes
- Music coaching
- Diction for singers classes
- The business of singing/marketing classes
- Audition skills/performance classes
- Alexander Technique sessions
- Opera awareness/appreciation classes
- Master classes with guest clinicians
- Final concert (open to the public and free of charge)
Summer Opera Institute Staff
- Thomas Potter (SOI Co-director: voice, diction)
- Robin Jensen (SOI Co-director: coaching, focus and improv)
- Stella Zambalis (voice)
- Allen McCoy
- Janice Stieber Rous (Alexander Technique sessions instructor)
- Eric Pinder (Opera Orlando resident stage director, opera awareness/appreciation instructor)
- 2018 special master class clinician is Mark Sforzini (Artistic and Executive Director of the St. Petersburg Opera and Music Director of the Tampa Bay Symphony)
Early Registration Tuition:
$500 by May 15
Late Registration Tuition:
$550 by June 1
Register Online Now (Service fees apply)
On-campus housing at the Lake Claire Apartments is just $40 per night, or $400 for the entire event (checking in on Thursday evening, June 14 and checking out on Sunday, June 24). This rate includes basic linens.
Purchase Housing Online (Service fees apply)
Enrollment is limited, so early registration is encouraged. $50.00 deposit required at time of application to reserve a place in the program.
Partial scholarships may be available based on family financial need and artistic potential.